Friday, October 7, 2016

Who is Nova?

I am a person who is okay at doing a lot of things but I am not great at doing any one thing.  I am good at baking but I cannot just make up my own recipe from scratch.  I enjoy photography but I am taking pictures for National Geographic.  I love to sing and I can carry a tune and read music but I am not going to be the next Adele.  When someone asks about the one thing that I do or that fully explains what I am...I can't answer that.  I really am just middle of the road on many different talents.

There are many things that I wish I was an expert in.  I would love to play the harp.  I could even be just ok while playing it and it would sound like I really was an expert.  It is really hard to mess up the sounds that come from a harp.  I wish that I was a runner.  I have tried to like running.  I just can't do it.  Everyone says to give it time and you will love it.  There was a time in my life that I ran three miles a day, five days a week, for eight months.  Ya, still no love for running.  I wish that I was a great speaker.  When I have to talk in front of a group, I have a stomach that is doing flips and flops for an hour before to an hour after.  I can practice a talk or a presentation a million times.  When I stand in front of a crowd, my bind goes blank and I suddenly forget how to read.  I fumble through the presentation and quickly sit down to think of all the stupid things I said.  I would love to be able to stand in front of an audience and be able to just talk and tell them what needs to be said.  To sound like I am a fun and uplifting person, not someone who doesn't know how to read or talk.

I guess everyone will have things in life that they wish they could do better.  All you can do is keep trying your best.  I feel that for now, I am okay being an ordinary person.  I can make crafts, bake, and do some Zumba and feel that I am a good person even though I don't excel in any one thing.

No comments: