Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hayden is 2!!

I am such a fabulous mom that I forgot to take any pictures of Hayden's birthday. I blame this on the horrible cake experience that I had before the party. I was making him a cake like the one below. It pretty much is the same thing but I wasn't going to put a Buzz on the top.


I couldn't find my regular frosting recipe so I just thought that I would try a different one. Big mistake. I had the cakes stacked, all the fondant pieces cut out, and was just sticking them where they needed to go. All the sudden, the whole cake started to shift and the next thing I know, frosting and raspberry filling are coming out of the bottom of the cake underneath the fondant. I could not get the cake to stop falling so I gave up and made Hayden cupcakes instead. I was so depressed after spending so much time on the cake that I didn't even think to take any pictures. Poor boy! Hopefully he knows he is loved even though I never take pictures of him.








No comments: